Market Segment Sales Manager – Western US and Canada
Our mid-West based manufacturer of electrical products has an immediate need to fill their open Sales Manager position – specifically for their market segment of power systems (Industrial, Utility, Transmission and Distribution and Genset) accounts.
This Market Segment Sales Manager will manage and direct the selection and development of independent manufacturer’s rep organizations and direct sales personnel.
Position is based in the western portion of the US (except for California) – with 50% travel out of the home-based office and covers commercial (80%) and technical (20%) sales.
Specific duties of this position are:
- Prepare sales plans and forecasts to support and implement marketing strategies
- Prepare and submit sales budget and oversee all sales costs
- Monitor the results of direct sales personnel and/or independent manufacturer's rep organizations to provide effective sales coverage
- Maintain contacts with major accounts in the assigned market segment
- Obtain and report marketing information for potential new products in the assigned market segment
- Attend and assist in trade organization functions
- Coordinate and/or negotiate all purchase agreements within the assigned market segment and sales territories